Demon Drome "The Wall of death" at Finnowfurt Race 61. This Wall of Death was constructed in 1927 in the USA. The wall was then brought over to England and run by Pat Collins Funfair.
In the 1940s his son in law, Elias Harris, then took it on. He built a car powered by an Indian four engine with a special platform for his lion "Rita".
The Wall was then sold to Roy Cripsey and moved to Aberavon in the 1960s and was the first wall to have a go cart ridden around it.
Until the early 1980s the Wall was kept erected in Skegness. The Motordrome Co. then bought and travelled it until 2000 after which it was dismantled, stored on the back of a lorry and left to rot.
In 2003 we bought it and began a three year restoration project. Now, not only has the wall been fully restored, it has been given a complete makeover.
We have given it a new sense of direction, bringing the act into the twenty-first century which comes with the new brand name... Demon Drome.
DYNOMYTE DAVE, ALAMAMA BAM BAM, SAMMY, DUKE